Pages

19 March 2013

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD

I was considering saying nothing about this so-called "Die Hard" film and just pretending it didn't exist, but I already wasted my time watching it; I may as well spend a little bit of time venting about it.

A Good Day to Die Hard, it was not...

Here are the PROS:
1. When one of the generic villains says, "Yippee Ki-Yay!," Bruce Willis smirks.
2. It ended.

And here are the CONS:
1. The film started off painfully slow. Bruce Willis, as John McClane, himself actually seemed bored by the first 20 minutes of the film.
2. The action, although quite implausible, was not nearly as absurd and over-the-top as I was expecting/needing.
3.The stunts pale by comparison to the ridiculously fantastic action in Live Free or Die Hard.
4. The characters left me longing for Hans Gruber, Col. Stuart, Zeus Garver, Simon Gruber, and surprisingly enough Matt Farrell.
5. The story was moth-eaten and unimpressive. Oddly, father/son animosity and bad guys in the market for weapons-grade uranium are not tremendously cutting edge.
6. And the cast, well let me just put it this way: Eh.

(Twentieth Century Fox)
I'm not so sure this one will ever make it to my Die Hard DVD Collection even to simply round out the set.

1 comment:

  1. If you're gonna continue to make sequels to a much beloved action franchise, you HAVE to go big or go home! Also, Hans Gruber is one of the best villains of all time. Yippee Ki Yay.

    ReplyDelete