Pages

20 June 2011

White Christmas

White Christmas brings back warm, fuzzy childhood memories every time I watch it. It is one of my favorite movies to watch when the weather outside is frightful and when the fire is so delightful...

It may not be a cinematic masterpiece but that doesn't matter. I find it terribly entertaining anyway. The songs are fantastic and the story is multi-faceted. White Christmas found a wonderful way to mix a military story, a love story, and a Christmas story in one nice little package. A package that includes Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby lipsynching while dressed in partial drag AND Rosemary Clooney singing song after magical song. These things make me happy. I refuse to let a December go by without watching White Christmas at least once. To me this one is worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment